Former member of the Transportation & Production Networks Group
- Topic of PhD thesis: Algorithms for railway traffic management in complex central station areas
- OR in Railways:
Real Time Railway Traffic Management (Train Rescheduling/Disposition/Dispatching, Adaptive (proactive) Train Control)
- Combinatorial Optimization, Decision Support Systems, Graph Algorithms, Control Theory and Dynamic Programming
- From student projects: Routing of Automated Guided Vehicles (AGVs), Production planning
- A model predictive control approach for discrete-time rescheduling in complex central railway station areas - G. Caimi, M. Fuchsberger, M. Laumanns, M. Lüthi. Accepted for publication in "Computers and Operations Research", January 2012. (DOI)
- The Periodic Service Intention as a Conceptual Frame for Generating Timetables with Partial Periodicity - G. Caimi, M. Fuchsberger, M. Laumanns, K. Schüpbach, S. Wörner. In: Transportation Planning and Technology, 34(4):323-339,2011.
- Periodic Railway Timetabling with Event Flexibility. - G. Caimi, M. Fuchsberger, M. Laumanns, K. Schüpbach Networks. Article first published online : 24 MAR 2010. (DOI)
- Fahrplanerstellung in stark ausgelasteten Eisenbahnnetzen. - G. Caimi, M. Fuchsberger, M. Laumanns, H.-J. Lüthi, K. Schüpbach. In OR News 35:6-11, März 2009. In German.
- About maximal cliques in a certain class of circular-arc graphs. - G. Caimi, M. Fuchsberger, R. Zenklusen. Working paper (pdf)
- A New Resource-constrained Multi-commodity Flow Model for Conflict-free Train Routing and Scheduling. - G. Caimi, G. Chudak, M. Fuchsberger, M. Laumanns,R. Zenklusen. In: Articles in Advance, Transportation Science, December 2010(html).
- Performance of a greedy algorithm for edge covering by cliques in interval graphs. - G. Caimi, H. Flier, M. Fuchsberger, M. Nunkesser. Technical report
- Conflict-free train scheduling in a compensation zone exploiting the speed profile - G. Caimi, D. Burkolter, M. Fuchsberger, T. Herrmann, R. Wüst, S. Roos. In: ISROR Proceedings, February 2009.
- Periodic Railway Timetabling with Event Flexibility - G. Caimi, M. Fuchsberger, M. Laumanns, K. Schüpbach. Proceedings of ATMOS Workshop, Nov 2007. (pdf,html)
- Solving the train scheduling problem in a main station area via a resource constrained space-time integer multi-commodity flow - G. Caimi, F. Chudak, M. Fuchsberger. Masterthesis 2006/2007 (pdf)
- Algorithms for adaptive train control in main stations OR 2011, August 30 - September 2, Zurich, 2011
- Algorithms for adaptive train control in main stations, 3ième cycle romand de recherche opérationnelle TRANSP-OR (html), January 15 - 20, Zinal, 2011
- Dispatching support system for a main station area, joint work with J. Priewasser, H. Flier, M. Nunkesser, G. Caimi, M. Luethi and M. Laumanns, Conference on Transportation Scheduling and Disruption Handling, September 17 - 19, CTI Monash, 2009
- Dispatching support system for a main station area, joint work with J. Priewasser, H. Flier, M. Nunkesser, G. Caimi and M. Laumanns, EURO, July 5 - 8, Bonn, 2009
- Fast train scheduling and dispatching in a main station area, joint work with J. Priewasser, H. Flier, M. Nunkesser, G. Caimi and M. Laumanns, CORS-INFORMS Joint International Meeting, June 14-17, Toronto, 2009
- Conflict-free train scheduling in a compensation zone exploiting the speed profile, joint work with D. Burkolter, G. Caimi, T. Herrmann, S. Roos and R. Wüst, 3rd International Seminar on Railway Operations Modelling and Analysis (ISROR), February 11-13, Zurich, 2009
- Solving the train scheduling problem in a main station area via a resource constrained space/time integer multicommodity flow, joint work with Gabrio Caimi and Fabian Chudak, EURO XXII Conference, July 8-11, Prague, 2007
- Train Scheduling in a Main Station Area, joint work with Gabrio Caimi and Fabian Chudak, SOS Seminar ETHZ, July 2, Zurich, 2007
- Mathematical Optimization HS10
- System Modeling and Optimization HS09
- Polyhedral Computation FS09
- System Modelling and Optimization WS08
- Topics in Discrete Optimization SS08
- Topics in Discrete Optimization SS07